1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook Express Problem

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by LauraTP, Jan 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LauraTP

LauraTP Thread Starter

When I click to "send" a message using Outlook Express6, another program(Microsoft Greetings) installer package comes up. I can click to cancel the install of Microsoft Greetings and it will then place my mail in Outbox and send it out. I have run my virus program to be sure I am clean and it happens whether or not my firewall is on or not. Any suggestions? Also I didn't get a clear answer to a problem that I logged in another forum. While in Netscape, when I try to download a exe. file it says I am downloading a jpeg file. Internet Explorer works so it must be in my Netscape Program. Any suggestions on either of these problems?
    Laura

2. suzi

suzi

I assume you have this Microsoft Greetings program installed - right?

Why not try uninstalling it and see if that fixes the problem. Maybe it did not install correctly somehow. If Outlook Express works after you uninstall the Greetings, then I would try re-installing it again. When you re-install, be sure to close all of your applications including your antivirus and firewall. Sometimes they can interefere with the installation.

Sorry, I am not familiar with Netscape, but I am wondering why you are downloading exe files?

Are you using Kazaa or other file sharing program? If so, you might have spyware/malware that's causing problems in your computer.

If you are using Kazaa, I recommend uninstalling it, then get Spybot Search & Destroy and get rid of any spyware left behind, and there will be plenty. Don't run Spybot first or then you won't be able to use Kazaa or uninstall it.

If you want an alternative to Kazaa, look here:

http://www.spywareinfo.com/articles/p2p/

If you're not using Kazaa or similar, excuse the lecture ;)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/115197

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice