1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook Express problem

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by scottg5700, Feb 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. scottg5700

scottg5700 Thread Starter

To whom It May Concern:

My problem is, I cannot send an e-mail from a web site. I get a messaage something like, "cannot find or load". I don't remember the exact wording.

Please help me.

Sincerely,

G.P. Scott

2. joe2cool

joe2cool

Firstly Hi !! Scott

[tsg=welcome][/tsg] ;)

What version of O/E are you using?

Is it just sending email from a website or websites in general ?

Otherwise your email functions correctly ?

Could we just have a few more details, 'am sure someone will be able to help.

;)

:cool:

3. IMM

IMM

Nowhere near enough info. See if you can get the exact error message, the version of IE and the version of OE and the OS you're using.
    That said - have you tried the internet explorer repair tool?
    How many profiles are there in OE? Do you run (or have you uninstalled) an AV which intercepts mail to scan it (eg. Norton)?

4. MadDogMugsy

MadDogMugsy Guest

Hi
    I also get this message at times. The wording is: Can't Create the Item
    As I have Outlook set as my default mail in Internet Explorer, I have found that I must launch Outlook before I launch my browser if I intend to eMail from the web. It does not resolve itself if you launch Outlook after the fact.
    If I set HotMail as my default eMail Program, this does not happen.

(I use WinME, IE6, Outlook2000 ... but have found that this happens on other versions as well)

does this quick fix help scottg5700?

cheers
    MDM

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/118206

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice