Outlook Express problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

scottg5700

To whom It May Concern:

My problem is, I cannot send an e-mail from a web site. I get a messaage something like, "cannot find or load". I don't remember the exact wording.

Please help me.

Sincerely,

G.P. Scott

Firstly Hi !! Scott

[tsg=welcome][/tsg] ;)

What version of O/E are you using?

Is it just sending email from a website or websites in general ?

Otherwise your email functions correctly ?

Could we just have a few more details, 'am sure someone will be able to help.

;)

:cool:

IMM

Nowhere near enough info. See if you can get the exact error message, the version of IE and the version of OE and the OS you're using.
That said - have you tried the internet explorer repair tool?
How many profiles are there in OE? Do you run (or have you uninstalled) an AV which intercepts mail to scan it (eg. Norton)?

M

MadDogMugsy

Hi
I also get this message at times. The wording is: Can't Create the Item
As I have Outlook set as my default mail in Internet Explorer, I have found that I must launch Outlook before I launch my browser if I intend to eMail from the web. It does not resolve itself if you launch Outlook after the fact.
If I set HotMail as my default eMail Program, this does not happen.

(I use WinME, IE6, Outlook2000 ... but have found that this happens on other versions as well)

does this quick fix help scottg5700?

cheers
MDM

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online