Outlook Express problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

cumulus

I recently signed on with Cox Cable and now I cannot log on to outlook express. I get the following message

Unable to logon to the server using Secure Password Authentication. Account: 'MSN Mail', Server: 'pop3.email.msn.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '.', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC18

ANY IDEAS?

Thanks Keith

Have you updated your Outlook Express mail account to show Cox as your ISP?

Open OE >Tools >Accounts > Mail > Properties > and see if your 'mail account' in the general tab has been changed to something like "mail.cox.com"{or net, whatever} and in the 'server' tab, that the outgoing has been changed to something like "smpt.cox.com".

bassetman

Moderator (deceased) - Gone but never forgotten
Some servers have special settings too. If Bill's idea doesn't work call your ISP and have them walk you through the settings.

cumulus

It worked at first and then it just quit. I use an msn email account. Am I just going to have to get one from COx?

Shouldn't those servers have the @ symbol in them instead of two .'s

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online