1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook Express problem

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by cumulus, Sep 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cumulus

cumulus Thread Starter

I recently signed on with Cox Cable and now I cannot log on to outlook express. I get the following message

Unable to logon to the server using Secure Password Authentication. Account: 'MSN Mail', Server: 'pop3.email.msn.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '.', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC18

ANY IDEAS?

Thanks Keith

2. BillC

BillC

Have you updated your Outlook Express mail account to show Cox as your ISP?

Open OE >Tools >Accounts > Mail > Properties > and see if your 'mail account' in the general tab has been changed to something like "mail.cox.com"{or net, whatever} and in the 'server' tab, that the outgoing has been changed to something like "smpt.cox.com".

3. bassetman

bassetman Moderator (deceased) - Gone but never forgotten

Some servers have special settings too. If Bill's idea doesn't work call your ISP and have them walk you through the settings.

4. cumulus

cumulus Thread Starter

It worked at first and then it just quit. I use an msn email account. Am I just going to have to get one from COx?

5. mobo

mobo

Shouldn't those servers have the @ symbol in them instead of two .'s

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/166194

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice