1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook Express Problem

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by keptaboraberry, Dec 8, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. keptaboraberry

keptaboraberry Thread Starter

When I go into outlook express, received messages are Ok, sent ones cause an error: "

Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'hrehocik', Server: 'smtp.netzero.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

Any idea what's wrong?

2. DoyceJ

DoyceJ

3. keptaboraberry

I tried this - I now get error:

The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'hrehocik', Server: 'mail.netzero.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

It takes a while ~1 minute to get this error. (The old error was instant.) The difference with the new instructions seemed to be putting "mail" in the incoming and outgoing server choice instead of "smtp" and "pop". Did I miss something else? Thanks for your help,

4. DoyceJ

DoyceJ

Put mail.netzero.net in that spot. Call your ISP if that doesnt work to find out the correct entry.

5. keptaboraberry

This seems to have cleared itself up. Thanks again,

6. DoyceJ

DoyceJ

So youre good to go? Thats great. :)

If you have anymore problems with that just let us know.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/61167

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice