1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook Express Problems again..

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by markwalker, Dec 29, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. markwalker

markwalker Thread Starter

I want my outlook ex to say "you've got mail" when i upload it, ive already downloaded the file and applied it using the control panel.

But instead i get a blue box which appears from the bottom right hand corner of my screen say..."Hotmail has 1 new message for you" then it dissappears... when i start up OE to get my message it just loads it up... no sounds what so ever.... the volumne is turned up!!

I know its a small problem but hey, its getting on my nerves, thought i was getting better at this computer stuff not worse!!

Thanks in advance....

2. DoyceJ

DoyceJ

The sound file "youve got mail" should be saved in media, then in control panel>sounds, click on new mail notification and browse to the file.

3. markwalker

Ive completed that bit already, and tested it, that works fine. But when i open OE nothing happens.....

4. DoyceJ

DoyceJ

Change it to a different sound that came with the system and see if it works with that.

5. markwalker

Right, ive been playing around with it (if you know what i mean) it works if i receive mail into my local folder account (BTopenworld) but when i receive mail into my hotmail account (which is linked to OE) i get nothing. Even when i select send/receive button, mail appears in my hotmail account but the message in the bottom right hand corner of OE says "no new messages" even though items have appeared into the hotmail account.

Hope this makes sense to you all.......

6. DoyceJ

DoyceJ

OE and Hotmail are two separate things even though you are receiving your Hotmail there. The numbers for each will be kept separate. As to why the sound doesnt play, Im not sure. I cant find anything related to it yet and on mine (I have Hotmail coming to mine also) sometimes it does and sometimes it doesnt. But it always works for the main account. I will look some more and let you know if I find anything.

7. markwalker

Thanks , hope you find something out....

Yes mine works on the main account, but never works when i receice mail just into my hotmail account....

Thanks....

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/63386

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice