1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook Express Problems with email

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by potscrubbermom, Jul 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. potscrubbermom

potscrubbermom Thread Starter

Hi I have been having trouble with my email in outlook express for several weeks now, when I send a email with or without a attachment does not matter no rhyme or reason, does not happen everytime but most times, my emails get stuck in outbox and say they cannot be sent but the people are receiving them and sometimes multiple times!! and then it never goes to sent and I have to delete it out of the outbox and can send more and of course most of the time it gets stuck but is really being sent even though it says it is not?? can you help me, I have done all I know how to do I have norton system works, spybot and adaware installed to keep up with my viruses and all????????????? Help!! Thanks, Bev

2. magsy

magsy

Bumping this up because I am having the exact same problem the last few days. Thanks so much for any help.

3. urocyon

urocyon

I went to Microsoft and searched the help files and found some information. I have not tried any of the solutions yet, but we might try them collectively and report back any successes (?). Good luck...this problem started about 2 weeks ago; sounds familiar and sinister if we are all experiencing this problem at about the same time.
    B

4. bearone2

bearone2 Banned

in tools/options, have you checked, "send immediatley"?

5. urocyon

urocyon

Thanks. Send immediately is checked. There are in excess of 12000 items in the sent folder. I have moved about 1200 of them into a new folder. So far, the two messages that I sent to myself have not be multiples...though they did arrive about 4 hours later. I shall continue to reduce the number of items in the sent box.
    Any other good luck stories out there?
    Uro

6. bearone2

bearone2 Banned

i remove them at the end of the day and in maint, have deleted items removed when oe is closed.

7. EAFiedler

EAFiedler Moderator

Yikes! Empty that folder. :eek:
    I create a Sent Items folder for each year, for example: Sent Items 2006, Sent Items 2005 etc.

The Inbox, Outbox, Drafts, Sent Items and Deleted Items folders in Outlook Express are default folders. If Outlook Express has a problem reading one of those files, it will create a new file, and may cause you to lose your messages.

Keep the Inbox empty as well, move messages you want to keep to folders of your own creation in Outlook Express.

With Outlook Express closed, locate the Outbox.dbx file and either rename it Outbox.old or delete it.
    Start Outlook Express, a new Outbox.dbx file will be created.
    Send yourself a Test message to see if it clears the Outbox.

Let us know what happens.

8. urocyon

urocyon

Once the Sent Items box was cleaned out, the problem was gone. A good suggestion in the forum: create folders in OE to 'hold' msgs that you wish to keep. Prevent any of the folders from becoming overloaded (too full).
    Thanks to all for the help.
    Uro

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/590820

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice