Outlook Express Problems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

TLanstrom

Hello to all

I have Outlook Express 6 and it is really starting to bug me

I tried to send a file twice to a freind with an attachment that was too big (23 Mb)

So Outlook told me this and it had me cancel the sending of both files, so i thought ok, I'll have to send it to him another way, no problems

But then when I went into Outlook again later, it was still trying to send the two messages I said to cancel earlier and it won't load my new messages until it is done going through the same process as the first time

Which is it sends (this is super slow and takes like 10 minutes) then it tells me it can't, then I have to press cancel.

I go through this same process everytime and still wants to send these messages.

Is there a way to stop this?

Thank you

T Lanstrom

bassetman

Moderator (deceased) - Gone but never forgotten
Welcome to TSG!

I think the size limit may have more to do with your ISP than with OE!

Call them and let us know what they say.

John

Hi TLanstrom,

if OE is trying to send these messages every time you open the program then make sure you uncheck the 'send and receive messages at startup' in the options, under the General tab.

Lisa

Del

The messages are still in your Outbox. Click on Outbox on the Left and then click the messages on the right side and delete them.
Also email not made to transfer that big a file, we recommed nothing over 1 1/2 meg but I have send as big a 5meg.
an easy way in file transfer in ICQ or MSN messenger.

PS, untill you remove them from your outbox, they gonna keep trying to send

You just need to remove the messages fro your outbox. This is not really an isp issue, although I'd be impressed by an isp that offers a 23 MB mailbox!

Del

Yup, that would be nice, but I don't know of any that do..

Hi ! Usually the limit is 1MB per msg, including all attached files, but in Outlook Express you can send larger emails or files across these servers by breaking the large msgs into smaller ones. :)

When the email software at the other end receives the mags, they are combined into one msg. However, not all webmail services offer this function. ;)

On the main Outlook Express window go >tools menu > choose accounts > select the account you want to alter >

Another window pops up >select Advanced Tab > put a tick in the box 'Break apart msgs larger than' > & fill in maximum file size allowed by your email server in the box > press apply > then OK! :cool:

When you send an attachment that is larger than the size you chose, its now broken into as many msgs as it takes to send it. ;)

When the group of msgs is received at the other end, the email program merges them back unto a single Message ! :)

:cool:

bassetman

Moderator (deceased) - Gone but never forgotten
Get yourself an acct that allows you FTP for about free to $9.95 /mo ;)

John

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online