1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook Express Problems

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by teresa_banksuk, Nov 22, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. teresa_banksuk

teresa_banksuk Thread Starter

I HAVE FOUR E-MAIL ACCOUNTS, TWO OF WHICH ARE HOTMAIL. THEY HAVE ALL WORKED TOGTHER FINE UNTIL THIS MORNING, WHEN MY EGG AND BT INTERNET ACCOUNTS WON'T LET ME RECEIVE E-MAIL. I RECEIVE THESE MESSAGES AS SOON AS I TRY TO CHECK FOR MAIL -

The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'Teresa', Server: 'pophost1.eggconnect.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'mail.btinternet.com', Server: 'mail.btinternet.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

THIS JUST STARTED HALF AN HOUR AGO, I PICKED UP MY MAIL THIS MORNING NO PROBLEM AND I HAVEN'T CHANGED NAY SETTINGS AT ALL. I USE OUTLOOK EXPRESS WITH INTERNET EXPLORER, AND MY ISP IS BT INTERNET ANYTIME. IF ANYONE HAS ANY SUGGESTIONS I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR THEM.

2. Davey7549

Davey7549

teresa
    Welcome to TSG!
    This error message usually means the E-mail server at you ISP is having problems. If it does not clear up in awhile you could call you ISP and see if problems are corrected. Port 110 is the standard port used for E-mail communication. Error 10061 I believe is server com problem. If you are using Norton antivirus you can look at this site. Click Here
    Dave

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/59271

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice