Outlook Express Question

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

rickfross

I have a subgroup of about 15 contacts in my OE contact list.
yesterday I offered to a friend to send this list to him. How do I conveniently and easily copy this list to an email and send it other than copying and pasting one entry at a time. can this be done?
thanks
rick

You can export your contact list.
In OUTLOOK
File, Import and Export.
Export to a file.
I like Comma Seperate File (Windows)
Should ask what you want exported.
Click the Contacts.
And then it will ask where you want this file saved.
Save to the Desktop and then email that file to your friend.
Now they have to save that file to there computer.
Then go into the same options but now they are going to Import.
From another Program and point to that saved file.
Hopefully its the same as Outlook.
If not it should be close to this.

fatbobthefirst said:
You can export your contact list.
In OUTLOOK
File, Import and Export.
Export to a file.
I like Comma Seperate File (Windows)
Should ask what you want exported.
Click the Contacts.
And then it will ask where you want this file saved.
Save to the Desktop and then email that file to your friend.
Now they have to save that file to there computer.
Then go into the same options but now they are going to Import.
From another Program and point to that saved file.
Hopefully its the same as Outlook.
If not it should be close to this.
Yep. Pretty close. In OE6 it's File/Export/Address Book. Instructions are similar as posted above.

rickfross

thanks for the help..but I tried your recommendation and couldn't find the file after i exported it..anyway, I am looking to isolate just a subgroup from my address book and not the entire list..ideas?

First, I don't know of a way of exporting only a select group of contacts in Express. Maybe somebody else does, but when you export the address book, it exports the whole thing. So, what you want to do is export the address book as a .csv file (Comma separated value). Open in Excel and then take out the contacts you don't want to send.

So, Go to File/Export/Address Book and select "Text File (comma separated values). Click Export, and make sure you know where you exported the file to. That's kinda important if you want to find it later to send. ;) When you click Browse and make a file, then make a mental note of where that location is.

Open the file that you created in Excel and delete the rows of contacts you don't want to send. Then save the file as .csv and send it off. The other Person with outlook is going to want to go File/Import and Export, select "Import from another program or file" and then click Comma separated values (Windows)

Good luck.

rickfross

Ok ..I did this..it's exported and opened in excel..but the list is too long to take the time to ferret out the ones I want...can anyone recommend an alternative address book of some sort where one can selectively manage sections of of a list? thanks to all

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online