1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook Express scans my floppy...Why????

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by ForeverRogue, Sep 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ForeverRogue

ForeverRogue Thread Starter

Whenever I click on 'compose', or 'send', O/E scans my floppy. This lasts at least 6, if not, more, seconds and is very annoying. I originally fixed that issue by removing MS Office FastFind. That only lasted about a week, because O/E is now at it again. FastFind is not noted anywhere on my system, unless it's back in the registry... somewhere. I am running Norton antivirus, but I have always been and this has never happened before. Unless it's part of a recent update. I have MS Office 2000 installed, but only to 'run from disk' and quite frankly, that's when this issue started. As I metioned, this was once noted as a 'FastFind' issue and was resolved, but that's no longer on my system and O/E has started doing this again. I run Spybot quite often, so I'm fairly confident that adware/spyware isn't the cause. I'm running Win'98, OutlookExpress 6.0 and Norton antivirus. I can't think of anything else I'm running that may cause this. I just don't get it....

2. palko

palko

You may have set Norton ANtivirus to scan everything.
    Check it out and reconfigure if needed.

3. ForeverRogue

ForeverRogue Thread Starter

Thanks palko, but Norton is set to scan incoming and outgoing mail... no option there to scan the floppy. Unless I'm missing something. Again.. it only does this when I Create and then again when I Send... it doesn't scan when I Send/Receive. One more thing...I put a floppy in, to see if it would return a message if it didn't find whatever it was looking for, but it didn't scan. I then tried it again without the floppy.. and it's not doing it anymore. PLEASE KEEP THE SUGGESTIONS COMING BECAUSE I'M SURE IT'S GONNA START DOING IT AGAIN. Thanks again, techies.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/164122

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice