1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook Express: "Send" starts Microsoft install wizard! Help!

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by elizbeth, Aug 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elizbeth

elizbeth Thread Starter

My friend is having a strange problem with their computer. They are using Windows XP Home Edition. After composing a new email in Outlook Express, and hitting the send button. The Install wizard pops up as if something is being installed on the computer, and then a second window pops up with a message (sorry I don't have the exact wording) relating to Microsoft Picture It! Stating that the file is located on a disc or other removable media. It's as if Microsoft Picture It! is attempting to install. All of these windows can be canceled and closed. The email will be sent as usual.

They are using Norton anti-virus software, which is up do date. We also ran Avast virus cleaner. The computer appears to be free of viruses. We tried reinstalling IE and OE, but it didn't help. I was thinking about unistalling both IE and OE, and then reinstalling to see if that would correct the problem.

What would cause something this weird? I have never run across anything like this before. :eek:

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Elizbeth

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/258184

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice