Outlook Express Sent Items

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

CHHorner

Running XP. New computer. The problem:
Outlook Express does not always record a message in the 'Sent Items' folder.
The messages which fail to be recorded are not being rejected, so I assume they are going through. Charlie

SectorTracks

Banned
In outlook express 6.0, under Options, there is a tab called SENT. You will find a checkbox that says -> Check to save a copy of e-mail messages in the Sent Items folder.
I suppose checking that box would enable your outgoing messages to be saved in the 'Sent Items' folder.

CHHorner

I have looked at this and found the item properly checked. The frustrating part of this is that the problem is not consistant. I fails to record about 10% of my messages as sent.

EAFiedler

Retired Moderator
Hi CHHorner

Enable-Show Hidden Files and Folders
Open My Computer,
Tools > Folder Options > View tab,
under Hidden Files and Folders, verify Show Hidden Files and Folders is selected.
Remove the check mark for Hide Extensions for known file types

Open Outlook Express,
Open the Sent Items folder and move all the messages you want to keep to a new folder of your own creation, for example: Sent Items-2005

After clearing out the Sent Items folder, close Outlook Express.

Search:
  • Start > Search > For Files or Folders > All files and folders,
    In the field for: all or part of the file name
    Key in:
    .dbx
    Below that, click on More advanced options
    in the field: Type of File, select (All Files and Folders)
    place a checkmark in:
  • Search system folders
  • Search hidden files and folders
  • Search subfolders
    click Search

In the Search results window, Locate the Sent Items.dbx file and rename it Sent Items.old

Restart Outlook Express, a new Sent Items folder will be created.
Send yourself a few Test messages to see if they are being copied to the Sent Items folder.

Give it a few days and let us know what happens.

Keep your Inbox empty, move messages you want to keep to folders of your own creation in Outlook Express.
Outlook Express will load faster with an empty Inbox.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts