1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook express setup

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by greenstrat, Sep 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greenstrat

greenstrat Thread Starter

Hello,
    I just swiched domain hosting and now I cant send e-mail from Outlook express
    my ISP does not offer email so I ordered SMTP relaying from the host for outgoing mail.
    they told me to set up outgoing mail srver as;
    'smtp.starfieldtech.com'
    it stilldoes not work. I can recieve in Outlook express and I can send from the web based e-mail they offer but Outlook express gives me the follwing error message when i try to send;

The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was '[email protected]'. Subject 'Re: Hamer Explorer', Account: '[email protected]', Server: 'smtp.starfieldtech.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '553 Sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts.', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 553, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

any help is appreciated
    Thanks
    Todd

2. putasolution

putasolution

'[email protected]' as your email address is likely to be the cause of your problem

You should have a [email protected]nospamstarfieldtech.com email address

(Take out the nospam, placed there in case of email harvesting ;))

3. McGowan

McGowan

I just tried pinging that smtp and its not responding!

Another problem could be corrupt address book, try exporting it and then importing again!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/163330

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice