Outlook Express-Spam Blocker

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

cooldav69

Here's the problem.

I've been getting a lot of spam emails lately. I know they're not directly aimed at me because everyone that is contacted has the same email server that I do and the names are alphabetical.

I have over the past month added about 100 new spam addresses to my Blocked senders list. I have tried to set up my Outlook Express to not even except them from the server but unfortunately I have been unsuccessful. The only thing that's been accomplished is when the emails are blocked they go straight to my delete file. According to my setup options I should be able to not even upload them from the server, which is Road Runner.

I have tried to set it up and then send myself a test message from my Yahoo account. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong, as far as setting up Outlook Express? I use a different email program at work and it does just fine with filtering. Unfortunately, I've only ever seen it work on a network system. And I actually can't get a copy of it anyway.

Any help would be appreciated.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online