outlook express spam mail

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

beeze

i use outlook express for my mail,no problems. my mom also use it and she receives tons of unknown mail and spam. we just changed username through our ip, thinking that would solve the problem, but still receive tons of unknown mail amd spam. she doesn't receive mail i send her either. what can i do? had tech come in before and said to change username, will take care of problem. It DIDN"T. this is very annoying. can i delete outlook express all toghether and how?

EAFiedler

Retired Moderator
Hi beeze

What operating system is your mom using?

What ISP is she using?

Some ISP's have a Spam filter that can be activated using the ISP's web mail account where she can place your e-mail address to be placed in the Inbox if it is being picked up as Spam mail.

What do you hope to accomplish by removing Outlook Express?

beeze

she uses ie, her isp is novocon.net. they have their own webmail, and that doesn't get any junk mail, but it stillall loads up on outlook express and youhave to delete constantly, or it will plug up alll mail. what should i do? she sends me mail on novocon webmail, but i don't get it. the only thing iwant to accomplish is to quit getting all the junk,unknown mail from outlook express, so she can receive normal mail, and she can send mail from outlook express also. don't really like the mail setup from novocon webmail. like outlook express much better, if it would only work like mine does.....help me

I have also the same annoying spam emails,one time 400+ when I logon to outlook express in the morning and another 200+ in the afternoon.I believe that has alot to do with myself joining the communities in the past.Man, what can you do to stop this for good other than changing the user name and back to square1.

EAFiedler

Retired Moderator
beeze said:
she uses ie, her isp is novocon.net. they have their own webmail, and that doesn't get any junk mail, but it stillall loads up on outlook express
Not quite sure what you mean by it doesn't get any junk mail.
The messages must go through the ISP's mail server before they can be downloaded to Outlook Express.

These links should help you filter out unwanted messages using Rules in Outlook Express:
http://www.mindspring.com/~majik/messagerules.htm
http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/tips/rules.htm
http://www.tomsterdam.com/insideoe/faqs/why.htm#rules

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online