Outlook Express Spam Problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

aquachic_85

My mother's email account receives a large amount of junk email (spam) daily. The account was one that came with our Internet service provider, adelphia powerlink so we access it using outlook express. The spam filter provided by the company has not helped nor prevented the problem (from the site http://oss.adelphia.net/bm/filter.cgi). I was wondering if there is a good filter that I can use through Microsoft Outlook to stop the spam? Or is there a way to block the unwanted senders? Thank you in advance for any help. This computer runs on Windows XP operating system if that helps and has Outlook Express 6. Let me know if you need any other information

I don't about that particular ISP but most will provide you with more than one address if requested. That way she could stop using that one after notifying the people she emails to.

Another thing tell her it is best to get a free email like Myway or one of the others and use that for your so called throwaway to register and order things with.

Here is one other alternative:

Go to OE/Tools/Message Rules/Mail/New/ Tick the first item "Where the from line contains people"/ Tick an item in the #2 box(You have a choice to copy, delete, move to folder, do not download it from server or delete it form server) you might want to set up a junk folder and put them there. Now click "contains people" under box #3/click "address book"/highlight the first name and scroll down to bottom of list and hold "Shift key" and click the last name/click "From" at top right and it will copy address to "Rule Addresses"/click "ok"/click "options"/tick "Message does not contain the people below"/click "ok"/click "ok"/Then click "Specified Folder(if you chose that option earlier)/pick a folder/ click "oK"\Apply Now\Apply Now\Ok\Close\Ok.

Is she using Outlook Express or Outlook? Both are mentioned.

If Outlook Express, Mail Washer Pro is about the best one out there. It works separately from Outlook Express but the new version has a learning feature that works pretty good after a couple of days.

If Outlook is the mail program, SpamBayes is about the best one I've seen and it is free.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online