Outlook Express ... Spam Question

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Johnathan2

I Keep getting spam emails that appear to have foreign characters in them.. and it seems impossible to block them out

I already block out words .. through ->> message rules

but i'm getting subject lines that look like this
Code:
=?windows-1251?B?z/Do4+vg+ODl7CDw8+ru4u7k6PLl6+XpIOggSVQt8e/l9ujg6+jx8u7i?=
	=?windows-1251?B?IO3gIMHF0c/LwNLN28kg8eXs6O3g8CAo7urg5/vi4P7yICAg8evg5O7x?=
	=?windows-1251?B?8vDg8fLt++UgIOTi6Obl7ej/OiAg7u3oICAgKQ==?=
or at least thats how it looks if you go right click on the subject then go to properties then details

any ideas on how i can stop this kind of spam through outlook express without new software?

Does your ISP have any kind of Spam Filters that you can activate. If not here is one solution that you might want to try while you weather the storm:

Receive Email Only From Addresses In Your Address Book

Go to OE/Tools/Message Rules/Mail/New/ Tick the first item "Where the from line contains people"/ Tick an item in the #2 box(You have a choice to copy, delete, move to folder, do not download it from server or delete it form server) you might want to set up a junk folder and put them there. Now click "contains people" under box #3/click "address book"/highlight the first name and scroll down to bottom of list and hold "Shift key" and click the last name/click "From" at top right and it will copy address to "Rule Addresses"/click "ok"/click "options"/tick "Message does not contain the people below"/click "ok"/click "ok"/Then click "Specified Folder(if you chose that option earlier)/pick a folder/ click "oK"\Apply Now\Apply Now\Ok\Close\Ok.

http://forums.techguy.org/attachment.php?s=&postid=1071937

I did once set up 10 different rules to block out any subject with 0 through 9 in it. The only drawback is you might block some legimate email although you probably don't receive much email with a number in the subject line.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online