Outlook express : Spam

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

muddy123

when i try to add spam source,eg, amazon, sirius, to spam address book i get message 'already in sender address book' : any way to block spam, using outlook express ? thanks

DoubleHelix

Banned
Amazon.com doesn't send spam. If you're getting messages from them, you've signed up for something.

Any filtering done at the e-mail client level means you haven't blocked anything. You're just filtering it to a Junk folder. If you're getting actual spam messages (not marketing you've signed up for), then your e-mail provider has a very bad filter. I use Gmail and get hardly any spam.

You could try using Firetrust Mailwasher? It's an anti-spam program and more.
Once installed, the program (icon) sits on your Desktop and to get your mail in, you double click it and you can check your emails. At this point, all your emails are still on your ISP's server. Mailwasher can check your emails and blacklist any those you don't want, and just allow in, the ones you do. The next time a blacklisted email arrives, it will be flagged by Mailwasher.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online