1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook Express Spelling

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by TWINKIT, Nov 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. TWINKIT

TWINKIT Thread Starter

I don't have the spell checker on my Open Express. Looking through the help files it says I need office works or excell. I upgraded my office package to open office can I get the speller option with my setup?.

2. LauraMJ

LauraMJ Administrator

If that does not work, you can simply download and install this free program which will add the spell checker back to OE even though there are no Office products installed:

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=2952

I have it, and I know of several other people that have it. Works perfectly. :)

3. Knotbored

Knotbored

---
    I have the same problem and downloaded and installed the program but spelling doesn't appear anywhere-how do you activate spell check? note the file name is "spell check for OE2.1" but I have OE6, which OE version do you use? Is there some program upgrade? Note the only item in the spell folder in UNINSTALL
    Thanks

4. LauraMJ

LauraMJ Administrator

I did not have to activate it...........I just opened a "new mail" and there was the spell check on that email's toolbar.

The "2.1" you mention is the version number of this program. It's "Spell-Checker for OE 2.1." The 2.1 does not refer to the email program, "Outlook Express," it refer's to the version of this spell check program.

Did you download and save the program, then double click on the icon to install it?

5. Knotbored

Knotbored

I understand about the version number-dumb me-
    Yes I did download the program spell.exe 596KB and ran it-it seemed to run quickly, and no errors. I did restart the PC just in case.
    I guess I will uninstall-quit Nortons in case that affects it-then try reinstall.
    Thanks so much for the info

6. vicks

vicks

You might try the following link. It works for our older laptop: www.iespell.com.

7. TWINKIT

TWINKIT Thread Starter

Thanx LuaraMJ I took your suggestion and the spelar works great:) :)

8. sekirt

sekirt

:D :D :D The humor of that appearing with a request for a spell checker is not lost!

You may have missed it, but TSG has a spell checker that you can apply before posting.

9. Knotbored

Knotbored

double dumb me-
    I was testing it only using mail in "inbox""sent" and "outbox"
    Sure enough the spelling feature is on the tools menu for new mail.
    Thanks very much for the link

10. TWINKIT

TWINKIT Thread Starter

obviously missed spelt and yes I no (oops, Know) there is a spell checker here

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/518171

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice