1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook Express Spelling

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Don Watson, Dec 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Don Watson

Don Watson Thread Starter

My Outlook Express is using French for its spelling and I can't add an English dictionary. From a previous reply by kiwiguy I found out that this was due to the installation of Word 7. I went through and followed all of his instructions to correct this in Word 7, but it didn't make any difference. What else could my problem be?

Don Watson

2. gamer0n1

gamer0n1

Are you sure you have the correct language in Outlook Express?
    Go to: Tools > Options >Spelling and on the very bottom there should be a drop down box where you can choose your language.

3. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

I had a friend complain about this ..
    And she showed me a M$ link that said the only fix was to install a 3rd party spell checker.
    This was a M$ recommendation ... But I can't find this link now.

All I can find is this ....
    http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2006/20061228.htm

4. throoper

throoper Trusted Advisor

5. Don Watson

Don Watson Thread Starter

Thanks for the helpful suggestions. My problem was that only French was listed in the drop down menu. I downloaded from Majorgeeks and now have English listed as well as French. The speller works perfectly using it.

Thanks again

Don Watson

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/783846

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice