Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Outlook Express "To Free Up Disc Space"

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Landy 
#1 ·
Several times a day I get a message "Outlook Express. To free up disc space, Outlook Express can compact messages. This may take up to a few minutes" which is preceeded by 10 minutes of my PC being very slow. I have 50% disc space free (37GB out of 74). I run Windows 97. I have defragmented my disc several times. I have used RegCure regularly and it has made no difference. At other times, I try to start Outlook Express and a message comes up saying it is already running, followed a little while later by the above error message. Any ideas, please?

#5 ·
Yes, it will come back when it needs to be compacted again

Do a Google on "compacting outlook express" and you will find all kinds if information about this.

#6 ·
Two days ago I completely cleared out my Sent and Deleted Folders (I normally keep the previous six months) - which, incidentally, freed up 2 GBs - and then Compacted All Folders. Since then I have not had the problem. This may have fixed it, but why, after running for years with no problems, did the messages suddenly start to appear. I will put another post in a couple of weeks time, or earlier if something happens.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.