Outlook Express to Outlook Migration Issue

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

imgkat

A firewall I didn't know about was preventing Outlook from connecting to the internet (thus the TCP/IP error). Once I worked through that everything functioned properly.

Thanks for the feedback! :) (y)

I migrated my e-mail from Outlook Express to Outlook today. Everything went well until I tried to send/receive in Outlook. I got the following error message:
A TCP/IP error occured while trying to connect to the server.

The funny thing is that Outlook Express works just fine and is continuing to accept e-mails. I have made Outlook my default e-mail and have looked extensively at the account options in Outlook.

Help, please, I'm stumped!

Welcome.

Its likely a setting in Outlook is wrong.

I would have expected more in the way of an error message though?

If there is more can you post it?

Its critical to get the complete and exact message to help pin down the problem.

Double check the POP and SMTP servers

Double check that you don't have to any any authentication for your outbound server.

Might try creating a new profile but use the same PST file

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online