outlook express--transferring email group-recipients to address book

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

patthebusdriver

On my parents Dell Inspiron 7500, I attempted to transfer the large group of email recipients (of which they were one) to their address book but had a time trying to get that 'mass of names' to tranfer. So decided to first set up a folder to move the email to and attempt from there. Well, geez, everything is messed up. The email has disappeared from the email list, and the folder now has a list of gibberish --lotsa little squares. I played around with options, still not knowing what I was doing, and at one time the names and addresses appeared but still surrounded by strange code. At this point, I would be happy if I could 1. return the info to the email state and return the email so my parents could at least access the addresses singularly from it, or 2. get rid of the gibberish and have the document in the folder speak real English to me.
Quicksand. Is there an easy way out of the mess I've made? Any direction much appreciated. I was only trying to establish a group-contact list for my parents for their genealogical society. Thanks. Pat

Bryan

Bryan
Do a Find>Files for *.wab

How many do you find? Don't know if you already know this but those are your Windows Address Book(s). One should be your original with their email addresses in it unless you replaced it.

[This message has been edited by bhesson (edited 07-22-2000).]

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online