1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook Express URGENT help needed

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by NicolaJane, Oct 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. NicolaJane

NicolaJane Thread Starter

Outlook express has not been working for a while because my partner deleted one of its components.. and instead of fixing the problem he thought that we didnt need outlook express.. not knowing what it actually was and not asking for help with it.. now he has deleted it I have NO IDEA how to get it back!!!! Does anybody know how to get OE back?? I tried www.download.com and downloaded from there but it ended up being some strange realplayer program and not express at all.. so i have deleted that and now am in a pickle as I cannot send nor recieve emails.
    Cheers

:::::Quick recheck, I did a search for it in c drive and it had the icon for outlook express i clicked and this is the message i recieve-----

outlook express could not be started because MSOE.DLL could not be loaded

And this was the name of the file of Outlook Express that I downloaded from download.com

OutlookExpress506ENU.hqx

2. Styxx

Styxx Banned

Try this first:

Internet Explorer 5.x/6.x comes with a repair tool. To use it, go to the Add/Remove Programs Control Panel; Scroll and click to highlight 'Microsoft Internet Explorer 5/6.x' in the Install/Uninstall window; Then click on the Add/Remove button; Select 'Repair' the current installation of Internet Explorer radio button; Click on OK. Restart your computer when prompted.

3. NicolaJane

Okies I tried that and restarted... it still comes up with the msoe.dll error when clicking the outlook express icon

4. Styxx

Styxx Banned

If the above doesn't work, you can proceed just like you're going to run that Repair tool but instead choose to, "Restore the previous windows configuration", and follow the on-screen instructions.

After that and restarting your computer you can then navigate to http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com and get the latest version of Outlook Express. This site is were you should get all your updates or replacements exclusively.

5. Styxx

Styxx Banned

Don't use the Desktop icon. It may be corrupted. Use the Start menu - Start; Programs; Outlook Express.

6. NicolaJane

eek there is no programs option of outlook express...
    also when i go to add/remove and try to restore the windows config, I cant as it isnt active...if you know what i mean.. it is there but wont let me click on it.. light gray..erm i hope that makes sense

7. NicolaJane

I also went to the microsoft page and there was 21 critical updates and service packages,
    and 43 windows 98 updates... most i dont want like windows media player and things on that line but the critical updates and packages.. erm how criticial are they and which ones do i choose?

8. Bryan

Bryan

First Name:
    Bryan
    Outlook Express doesn't appear to be installed. Follow the same instructions Styxx posted above but instead of taking the "Repair" option, choose "Add a Component" and scroll down and select "Outlook Express" to reinstall it.

9. NicolaJane

i never thought of that before
    I get a box that comes up that says
    please insert the CD used to install MSN components...
    I would have no idea what cd this would be.. would it be the win 98 cd???

10. NicolaJane

could it be the office suit cd??

11. EvileYe

EvileYe

It will be your Win 98 cd !

12. NicolaJane

thanks i thought as much but someone else told me it would be on the office suite cd.. eek glad I waited for a reply.. well it looks like I will have all my probs fixed and can now go about helping others.. just have to work out now why my browser is so slow.. may upgrade in the morning.. and then get some more ram and I will be happy... :):)

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/172783

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice