1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

outlook express URGENT help!!!!!

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by NicolaJane, Oct 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. NicolaJane

NicolaJane Thread Starter

Outlook express has not been working for a while because my partner deleted one of its components.. and instead of fixing the problem he thought that we didnt need outlook express.. not knowing what it actually was and not asking for help with it.. now he has deleted it I have NO IDEA how to get it back!!!! Does anybody know how to get OE back?? I tried www.download.com and downloaded from there but it ended up being some strange realplayer program and not express at all.. so i have deleted that and now am in a pickle as I cannot send nor recieve emails.
    Cheers:confused:

2. NicolaJane

NicolaJane Thread Starter

Quick recheck, I did a search for it in c drive and it had the icon for outlook express i clicked and this is the message i recieve-----

outlook express could not be started because MSOE.DLL could not be loaded

And this was the name of the file of Outlook Express that I downloaded from download.com

OutlookExpress506ENU.hqx

3. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Reinstall Internet Explorer, that should reinstate OE.

4. Miz

Miz

There are a number of fixes for the "msoe missing" error. The one you use depends on which version of Windows you're using and which version of Outlook Express.

A list of links to the various fixes is on this Microsoft Knowledge Base page.

5. BillC

BillC

Just in case you want to d/l IE 6: Click here

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/172782

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice