1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook Express using more than one ISP

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by spaceman_333, Dec 15, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. spaceman_333

spaceman_333 Thread Starter

Hi,

I am using @home as my email default. I also have a dialup ISP. I want to be able to send and receive email from both ISP's while cable connected. Naturally, I'm always online with my cable connection and I can send using my @home account and RECEIVE email from both. I cannot send using my dialup ISP email account unless I dial it up and use a phone connection...then everything works except my @home email.

I would like to stay connected to my cable and be able to send and receive from both without having to dialup. Is there a way to do this??

Thank you for helping.

spaceman :confused:

2. rkselby98

rkselby98

Check with your dial up ISP for the settings for outlook. They should be able to give them to you.

3. spaceman_333

Hi rkselby98,

I have the settings and have them entered in OE/Tools/Accounts/Mail.....they all work, just not together.

???

spaceman

By the way, before I posted this......Rick, I spent over an hour at your website!!!

4. rkselby98

rkselby98

I have 3 ISP in outlook and they all receive but when I send I have to select the ISP I want to send with.

Some ISP's won't let you send through them if your using another ISP's mail. This could be where your problems is.

5. spaceman_333

This could be because the Administrator of the dialup ISP is a friend of mine and he is scratching his head, too !!

I select from the drop down menu and choose which one but...no go.

6. rkselby98

rkselby98

It is very possible. The only way I found to get around it was to change the outgoing mail to their ISP and send it all through them but then I also had to set the reply email to them also.

I ended up just reveiving or checking the mail of the other ISP's but it also saves me from going from site to site to check them.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/61885

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice