1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook Express V6.0 Configuration with Gmail

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by daya, Sep 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. daya

daya Thread Starter

Dear All,

I found a web-page through a search engine which describes about integration of Gmail with Outlook express version 6.0.

in the pop3 area they are talking about to input "localhost" or 127.0.0.1 or your computer name in the network. I entered my computer's IP address in the POP3 and SMTP area and complete the procedure of integration as per the web-page, when i try to send and receive email to my gamil id, i receive an error message as follows

The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'Gmail', Server: '192.168.100.212', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

My Operating System is Win NT 4.0

I need your help to resolve this issue. Please explain me what i suppose to do it?.

Regards

Daya

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
  3. Deke40

Deke40

4. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    apologies i stand corrected. :eek: :eek:

5. daya

daya Thread Starter

dear Deke,

After downloading the software/program, it is not running in my win NT4.0 o/s, it is asking for mscoree.dll could not be found in the specified path. In fact i could not find this dll file in my pc. i need your help to locate this file.

thanks in advance

daya.

6. Deke40

Deke40

You can download it here.

I am not sure were you need to place on your system as I have no experience with NT.

On mine(W98SE) it would go in C:\Windows\System.

7. daya

daya Thread Starter

Dear Deke,

after installing the said file, i receive a .NET framework Initialisation error. I could not find the folder .NET Framework in my regedit to set registry key to HKLM/Software/Microsoft/.NET Framework/InstallRoot to point to the .NET Framework install location. May be pgtgm is supporting the win NT 4.0. or win NT at all.

Regards

Daya

8. Deke40

Deke40

Daya-This is getting in over my head.

Here is a link about the network you are talking about. Hope this help or somebody with more knowledge comes along.

Sorry
    Deke

9. daya

daya Thread Starter

Dear Deke,

I've installed the .NET Framework, based on your given link, installation was successful but i can't download any messages from the gmail using the pgtgm application. i'm getting a message like the following:
    & GetCookies was called: myname
    & SSLConnection was called: www.google.com
    !! Login caused error: No such host is known

what i've to do? i've typed 192.168.100.1 (this is the gateway we are using to connect to internet) in the proxy address area. i don't really know why i can't download gmail email's to my outlook express using pgtgm.

thanks in advance

Regards

Daya

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/275658

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice