Outlook Express won't create folders

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

JohnTa

Hi,

I have recently run into a problem. I can't create Folders in Outlook Express 6.0 WinMe anymore

"The folder could not be created"
"an error has occurred"

Can anybody suggest how can I reinstall Outlook Express only or any other way to resolve this?

Much appreciated.

JohnTa

I have found my answer. By creating a new identity in Outlook Express an making sure the old one is no longer default. I can create new folders again :)

Hope this can help others in the future

Cheers!

JohnTa said:
I have found my answer. By creating a new identity in Outlook Express an making sure the old one is no longer default. I can create new folders again :)

Hope this can help others in the future

Cheers!

This does help, why isn't it in the Micrsoft Knowlege Base. Why does this happen? Any Ideas? How did you move your folders to the new identity?

Thanks John

JohnTa

johnoo7

I have no ideas exactly something must have been corrupted. Once the new identity was made default all the folders followed.

EAFiedler

Retired Moderator
johnoo7 said:
How did you move your folders to the new identity?

Thanks John
Import the old Identity's messages into the new Identity,
File > Import > Messages > Microsoft Outlook Express 6.0
Select the old Identity to Import the messages into the new Identity.

It happened again and was caused when I checked the box when starting go to my inbox. So it is logical to assume if you go to tools> options> general and uncheck (when starting, go directly to my "inbox" folder) and click on apply. This seems to be a simple way of getting your folders back.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online