1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

outlook express won't run

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by rylz, Dec 2, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rylz

rylz Thread Starter

I use microsoft outlook express as default email. I am also using a DSL -- for the last 2 days it will not connect. I have checked settings, and rebooted..etc.... I can be reached at [email protected]

thanks for help!

2. plejon

plejon

First of all, check your network connection. This is easy : if you can browse the internet with Explorer or Netscape, your network should be ok.

If you can't browse, check internet connection settings

If you can browse, try checking the settings of your e-mail account. They are located in Tools/Account/Mail, then choose properties for the e-mail account you are using

3. rylz

rylz Thread Starter

Thanks Peter....but I did that. My DSL is working fine..no problems on that end....and I checked my email settings and everything lines up. It just keeps saying your internet connect has failed.

Any other thoughts? I will probably have to call the local DSL tomorrow.

Thanks again!:D

4. rylz

rylz Thread Starter

ok....now my firewall keeps locking my email out. I have it configured to pass lock for Outlook express and it has never done this...

any ideas now? thanks!

5. plejon

plejon

The default port for POP3 is 110.
    The default port for SMTP is 25.

Make sure your firewall allows both ports to pass through

6. rylz

rylz Thread Starter

Thanks again Peter for the help...
    I checked all settings and everything seems to line up.....I must be missing something really basic.

I even removed the firewall completely and the email still says that the internet connection has failed.

Now what? contact the DSL provider?

Appreciate your patience.....
    Terri

7. rylz

rylz Thread Starter

Hey Peter.....checked with my DSL and they are evidently doing some "conversion" thing and I has all the emails down.

Once again...thanks for your help.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/60444

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice