1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

outlook express wont stop sending

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by barbaranna, Oct 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. barbaranna

barbaranna Thread Starter

Hi,

I don't know how you are going to help me considering I don't even understand what the problem is or how to explain it. I have time warner and I have email there. The problem is sometimes when I am on a site and they have a email that I need to respond to, if I click on it the outlook express would come up. I discussed this with Time Warner and they help me set up the outlook express the way it should be. The first question. Why can't I just have the Time Warner email to use and that is that? I don't understand computers much to understand why I need this also. Well the bottom line is I tried to send some pictures out on the outlook express and they seem to be stuck in the sending position somehow. Evertime I open the outlook it shows on the bottom sending and then it will show from the time before a problem message sayig something happned and they could not be sent etc. I finally found out how to delete the messages in the toolbar but the last message wont let me delete it and then when I try the site goes crazy and says not responding etc. What can I do. Can I delete the whole thing and is there a place where to download out look express again for free? Evertime i try to delete that last message that seems to stay in there trying to be sent the whole express freezes up.

2. EAFiedler

EAFiedler Moderator

Hi barbaranna

It is not necessary to download Outlook Express again, it is just stuck trying to complete the sending process.

Place Outlook Express in Work Offline mode:
    File > Work Offline

Then close Outlook Express, wait a minute for Outlook Express to completely close, then restart Outlook Express.
    Open the Outbox folder and attempt to delete the message.

If that fails, close and restart Outlook Express again, and attempt to delete the message in the Outbox folder, once again.

Let us know if that works for you or not.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/758315

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice