Outlook express

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Uvettino

I bought a new computer [ASUS] with Windows8 etc as the other computer is too old now. I was very hapy to use OE on my old computer and trying to get the same program installed on the new one. However, I've spent endless time already but I couldn't find any way to install it. I know, Microsot doesn't support OE anymore. Anyway, is there any chance to install it nowadays or where could I buy it? Any assistance would be more than appreciated!
Thanks! Uvettino

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Windows XP had Outlook Express built into it as its email program.

Windows Vista had Windows Mail built into it as its email program.

Windows 7 did not come with an email program.

Windows 8.1 did not come with an email program.

You cannot install Outlook Express in Windows 7 or Windows 8.1.

There are a number of email programs that you can use with them.

Windows Live Mail 2012 is the most popular one and is what I use.

------------------------------------------------------------

Unless you're somewhat computer-knowledgeable, you're going to find Windows 8.1 to be a big learning curve over Windows XP.

Good luck with it.

------------------------------------------------------------

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online