1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

outlook express

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by nancyw, Feb 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. nancyw

nancyw Thread Starter

I want to know the time and if it is possible to know if someone has opened your email to them. I have been though the index many times and cannot find how to accomplish this??????:confused:

2. Huon

Huon

When you create your message, go to tools, and choose "request read receipt". This works in OE6, and if I recall is also available in earlier versions.

3. Davey7549

Davey7549

Nancy
    As Huon mentioned you can request return receipt which will create a popup message at receiving end when opened. However the receiver has the option to deny return receipt so no confirmation will be sent back sendor.

Dave

4. nancyw

nancyw Thread Starter

I did that but it is not an option under tools I went to the index uner read,receipt,&request and nothing- went to about ox and it said 4.7 Can i download another version I do not have outlook but outlook express???? why is that thank you in advance for your time.:confused:

5. Davey7549

Davey7549

Nancy
    Here is a screenshot as to where the option resides in OE.

Dave

Attached Files:

6. nancyw

nancyw Thread Starter

thank you for the visual aid I am going to try it right now-
    this is so cool for you to help stranger-ty

7. AbvAvgUser

AbvAvgUser

This feature of "Read Receipts" has exited in Netscape since version 4.7.

But as far as Outlook Express is concerned, it started only in version 5.5. So if you have an older version, you will not find this option. :(

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/116502

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice