OutLook Express

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Needhelpnow

I need to know what a POP3 server is and what is a SMTP server i need to hook an email account but it never finds a server! Please help me ASAP

In short, a POP3 server is a server through which you send mail and an SMTP server is through which you recieve mail using Outlook Express or any other programme. Usually, these server adds. are given by you E-mail provider.

For eg.
pop.site's name here.com

OR

smtp.site's name here.com

You just have to enter these adds. into Outlook Express when opening an acct. and every mail that reaches your e-mail account, will be readable in Outlook Express.

:eek:

faraz27989,

Actually, you got it reversed. The POP3 server is the incoming (receiving) mail server and the SMTP server is the outgoing (sending).

More information than you probably need:
POP3

SMTP

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online