1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook Express

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by skotco, Feb 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. skotco

skotco Thread Starter

Outlook Express

I am having problem to set my Password to be remembered in my Email. Each time I want to read my Mail I need to type my Password and when I am sending my Email again I need to type my Password.
    I have contacted my DSL Tech support and they told me I need your Help, nothing they can do.
    I have completely removed the Outlook Express from my computer even from the registry and reinstalled from your downloads, but nothing changed, can not set my Password, same problem

Please Help….Bill

2. Jtoast

Jtoast

what version of Outlook Express?

In IE6 you would

open outlook and choose tools, accounts, click the mail tab, click on your account and select properties.

click server.

type your password here and check the "remember password" box.

other versions will have similar options....if you cant find it, post your outlook version(open outlook, select help, will give version there)

3. Davey7549

Davey7549

skotco
    Welcome to TSG!
    If you have already tried Jtoast's suggestion and still no Joy then...
    This problem can also happen if the Protected Storage System Provider registry key is corrupt.

Not knowing which OS you have I have listed both articles.

WinXP Win2000

Win9x WinME

Now there is also a program Web Washer which also could be interferring. If you use it have a look.

Web Washer Problem

Here is a neat little pictorial which shows setup of OE accounts for reference.

Setup OE Accounts

Dave

4. Del

Del

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/118708

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice