outlook express

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ninja mike

hi everyone,
i am having a problem with outlook express i am recieving all my e-mails but cannot send e-mails please help. thanks .have a nice day :cool:

Hi Mike : Have you verified that the smtp server address configured in OE is correct. To do so would mean phoning the provider.

Go to Tools > Accounts. Select your mail account, click on Properties and then on Servers. Check out your outgoing (SMTP servers). Confirm with your ISP/Web-site host about the same.

ninja mike

thank you motherboard,skyman,and AbvAvgUser, for your help and suggestions have a great day

Despite Symantec anti-virus & all their other utilities in place, my O.E. Inbox was attacked 27 Oct. The incoming from that day endlessly replicated until the mail server had to halt service. I was deleting & blocking the replicants as fast as they came in until I lost access. I have performed scans w. Norton, McAfee & independent web sites but the worm/virus escapes detection. I have also written MSFT Support 3 x but the problem persists. Any advice or suggestions? I feel marooned w/o my mail deliveries and some mail involved business transaxns.

Originally posted by lojo5612:
you should move this question to a new thread.
Agreed. when posting please start you own thread.

Try running the swen removal tool to see if anything turns up. As well download and scan with hijackthis . save the generated log file, then copy and paste it here.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online