1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook Express

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by PANAMOE, Oct 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. PANAMOE

PANAMOE Thread Starter

Ok, I live in a 5th world country where EVERYTHING is backwards.
    When using my local ISP with my ISDN connection and sending mail using OE6 to HOTMAIL accounts, they never arrive to Hotmail.
    They arrive fine to all other destinations except for Hotmail.
    The ISP wants more money for "technical Support" claiming it's a "configuration" problem with OE6.
    This problem has only started occuring within the last few days.
    Been having problems since downloading MS Updates and Norton crap. Any tips? Thanks

2. BillC

BillC

This is a total shot in the dark, but....I've had trouble sending mail to MSN since Monday. Their servers were having a problem, apparently it got fixed today.

I have a Hotmail account that I rarely use but noticed I did not get mail during the week until today and then 8 - 10 spam mails showed up. It could be a Hotmail/MSN mail server problem? Because your other mail goes throught, I don't think it is your machine or ISP.

Not much help, huh? I said it was a shot in the dark.

3. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

If your ISP has been identified by Hotmail as having Open Relays or similar, then Hotmail may have banned the ISP.

In that case, its simply not your problem.

4. PANAMOE

PANAMOE Thread Starter

After going thru 3 different technical support guys and arguing with them in Portuguese, I finally found 1 who had sense enough to go out on a limb and admit that it was a problem with the ISP and Hotmail.
    Thanks guys!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/171004

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice