1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

outlook express

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by fhirsh, Apr 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fhirsh

fhirsh Thread Starter

When there is a link in a message, clicking on it does not activate the link. I click on it and nothing happens. I have to copy the link into my Microsurfer if I want to use it. This is happening just since about a week ago. I tried to restore to an earlier date, but it just works for the last 3 days. I checked everywhere for an answer to this, but I did not find anything useful yet. Can anybody advise me please?

Fritz

2. rude

rude

There are a lot of things that can cause the problem you are having.I will start by giving you a couple of possible solutions,and we'll take it from there.

First:In Outlook,Click tools/options,select the "read" tab,make sure the "Read all messages in plain text"box is unchecked.

Second:Click on the"Security" tab and under "Virus protection" select Internet zone (Less secure,but more functional)

Third:IN IE,Go to tools/options/advanced,scroll to Browsing"/Enable third party browser extensions(requires restart) and make sure the box is checked.

Let me know how this works for you.

3. fhirsh

fhirsh Thread Starter

I checked all of the above and everything is the way you say it should be. So I need other suggestions of how to act on it.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/218392

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice