1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook Express

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by crellin, Apr 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. crellin

crellin Thread Starter

Some time back I disabled OE to stop receiving incoming email. I cannot remember how I did that. So if anyone has a clue on how enable OE to receive incoming mail I would appreciate your response. Thanks

2. Davey7549

Davey7549

Java
    I am a bit confused by what you mean disabled OE from recieving incoming mail.
    Were you using another client? What happens when you open OE now?

Dave

3. crellin

crellin Thread Starter

Hi Davey, thanks for your response. Sometime ago I started getting unwanted and not asked disgusting email on my outlook express. I went to a local service and had a name change, at that time I found a way to stop emails from coming in to my cp. I cannot remember where I found this if it was on a outlook page am not sure. Thats the best that I can remember. I now want to be able to receive email and read them thru outlook. Thanks

4. Davey7549

Davey7549

Java
    If you changed your E-Mail address then you will have to set up that account in OE via File\identities\add new identity. Before you do so you may want to look at how your old identity was set up if you did not delete it. Depending on your ISP you will have different settings for set-up.

Now there are other ways to for the lack of a better word disable OE.
    If you go to tools\options on the general tab you will see two radio buttons that would apply to stopping e-mail.
    1) Send and receive messages at start-up and
    2) Check for new messages every so minutes.

If both are not checked OE will never look for messages.

The other remote possibility would be using restrictions but I believe you would of not gone through the trouble for that.

Let me know if that helps.

Dave

5. crellin

crellin Thread Starter

Hello Davey, sorry it has taken me so long to answer. The two boxes you mentioned on Tools are checked. What I am found that msgs are not showing up. I decided to click on my default and when I did that Many msgs showed. So when they come in they are going to my default.
    When I changed me name etc, I did check and redo everything after I had my isp change their records.
    Not sure at this point how to get the mail directley to my in box and not my default. Any thoughts would be appreicated.

6. Davey7549

Davey7549

Java
    At your ISP do you have two E-Mail accounts, one being your main E-mail account and another being a sub e-mail account?
    In OE do you also have two E-mail accounts?
    The one E-mail account you are referring to not working if you open that account go to OE\tools\accounts\mail\properties does it show the correct E-mail address listed?

Dave

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/220634

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice