Outlook Express

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

LauraMJ

Administrator
You didn't mention what Norton you are using, but I thought I would tell you of a similar problem I had. I used to have Norton Anti-virus 2003 and then upgraded to Norton 2005. I had a great many problems doing this, one of which was the exact problem you are describing. It turns out that the Norton 2003 didn't un-install all the way, and I had to get a tool from the Symantic site to uninstall it completely. It was interfering with the 2005 settings for the email in some way (along with a lot of other things). Once I ran that tool and got rid of all traces of 2003, re-installed the 2005, the email program worked perfectly.

I don't know if that helps anyone figure out your problem, but I thought I'd mention it.

EAFiedler

Retired Moderator
Hi CosmosGirl

Renaming the Folders.dbx file will force Outlook Express to recreate that file.

So, renaming the Folders.old file back to Folders.dbx will only overwrite the new one.
That solution was for Outlook Express not opening.

If turning off Norton's email scanning does not help, let us know and I will search more on the error 0x800CCC0Ee.

Also, let us know if you need help configuring Norton to disable email scanning.

Or as sekirt mentioned try temporarily turning off Norton to see if that allows Outlook Express to connect to your mail server.

Ah,give it up---peopllepc DOES NOT support Hi Speed access to Outlook Express--it took me about (10) ten phone calls before the techb. finally admitted this.You now know why it won't work--if you don't believe me,find the 800 tech # and call them.

People PC does not support HiSpeed access for Outlook Express--trust me,that's why it won't work.Call the 800 # re: support if you don't believe me. :eek:

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.