1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook Express

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by chredge, Aug 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chredge

chredge Thread Starter

Hi All,

For some unknown reason my Outlook Express has stopped working. After investigation it seems I have renamed one of the files contained within the Outlook folder(!) and the name of this file appears as just "

Here are all the files contained within my Outlook, if anyone can point me in the right direction I would be eternally thankfull.

msimn.exe
    oemig50.exe
    setup50.exe
    wabmib.exe
    9xmig.dll
    csapi3t1.dll
    msoe.dll
    msoeres.dll
    oeimport.dll
    oemiglib.dll
    wabfind.dll
    wabimp.dll
    "
    Outlook Express
    msoe.txt

The version of Outlook that I have is 6.0. Would I be better just to install a newer version of this software (and if so, where would I get this from?) or try and retreieve the missing file from somewhere???

Cheers,

C h r e d g e.

2. Jimmy the Hand

Jimmy the Hand

Compared to my OE folder, you have a wab.exe missing.
    And a wabmig.exe, that was probably just mistyped.
    Try renaming that strange file to wab.exe, and scan it with an antivirus.
    Look at its properties. If it has a version number like 6.00.2800.1123 (mine is such, but it may differ from yours) then it might just be so simple.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/491039

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice