1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook Express

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by rhj10, Dec 27, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rhj10

rhj10 Thread Starter

Does anyone know how I can import clips, sounds, pictures, etc. into outgoing messages in Outlook Express from Microsoft Clip Gallery?

2. SavvyLady

SavvyLady

when you are preparing outgoing mail ... you can use "insert" & also edit on the bottom of the page

3. rhj10

rhj10 Thread Starter

Savvy Lady,

Thanks for your response, but I already know how to attach a file or picture to an email. What I am looking for is a way to INSERT a graphic, clipart or picture from the Microsoft Clip Gallery into the body of the message along with a sound (music) from the Clip Gallery as background sound for the message.

4. jbcalg

jbcalg

that's exactly what SL was explaining - don't mix up the preview pane view (which will show you an attached pic) with an inserted pic - 2 different things

in a new message
    insert
    picture
    - you get a dialogue box asking where it is, where you want it in the message etc
    do all that, press send

go to your outbox
    there's the inserted pic, not an attachment, but in the body of the message
    click on it and the pic box placeholders show up, just like in word

on your own for a sound file - you'd need html activated - as would the recipients, otherwise it won't work

btw - beware of mail scanners and virus scanners that will defeat your efforts to have whatever sort of files included in your message

5. DoyceJ

DoyceJ

rhj10, just for my own benefit, could you give me the path to the clip gallery?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/63053

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice