Outlook Express

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

maggie1058

Hi this may sound silly but i get hundreds of spam in Outlook express and if i change my email address(only the bit before the @) will it stop spam messages filling up my email page. maggie 1058:(

fairnooks

Banned
Yes it will but that involves creating a new account and informing your friends of the new address. You basicly have to abandon an account if you are getting overwhelmed with spam. The new account name should be long and include numbers if possible--sort of like a password in the clear--something very hard to guess without seeing it. Then, don't share that email address anywhere public and ask friends not to use your address in third party situations like greeting cards or news headline links.

Stick to that and you will get literally 0 spam...I've gotten exactly 1 spam message in the last 5.4 years of using my "protected" account, that was about 3 months ago and I thought, well its been a good run....but it was only that one spam message to date.

for $ 40,00 you can get mailwasher from www.firetrust.com. It's a one time purchase with technical support. It "pre-examines" the mails on your e-mail servers account and asks you what to do with them. You can check them as good or bad and put in your friends, tel it to delete, even bounce the bad mails. Once processed it'll start IE for you and you get only what you want. It'll also block certain senders, if you wish, so you never get to see that something came from them at all. They'll just come to your mail server and will be deleted there before even entering your IE. Only problem, if you cannot (due to absence) let it check your
mails, you mail server will clog up. Saves you changing yr account but it costs (one time only).
IE

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online