1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook Express6

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by minus0, Jan 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. minus0

minus0 Thread Starter

Hi All,

I am using Outlook Express with IE6 on Win XP Professional for checking my hotmail. Lately i am having a weird problem - When i send out emails the person receiving my email doesnt see my ID in the Senders name. Can some one help me out?

Help is appreciated.

2. dtugg

dtugg

From OE hit Tools then go to accounts.

Once there, select your e-mail account and hit properties.

From there in the second box down you should see the name field that is probably blank. If there is a name in that field then you problem is elsewhere, but that usually will correct that.

dtugg

3. minus0

minus0 Thread Starter

Hi,

I did check the properties of my account before posting it out to the forum. the only thing i left blank was the "Reply Address" - but this was how it always was. My problem started only since the past week or so.

thanks for your help

4. dtugg

dtugg

Hotmail eh?

Are the settings in your options at hotmail.com okay?

I've never seen this before so I'm kind of stabbing....

dtugg

5. minus0

minus0 Thread Starter

which hotmail options you referring to? Far as i know all i need in OE is my emailID, Server URL in addition to the User Name,EMail address and the reply address and i did set all these fields. I repeat - OE was working fine until a few days ago as in people i sent emails to could see my email ID its only since the past few days that this weird problem is occuring and i am clueless about it and thanks for your help

6. jwbirdsong

jwbirdsong

It's possible you have a corrupt character in your regestry that is going out in the "From" field and being rejected by the receiving server/mail client.
    Try these steps
    While in OE Click Tools> Accounts> [account name] Properties and delete then re-type the user name and email address, even if they appear correct. If the problem persists, remove the account, close and re-open OE, then create the account again.

7. minus0

minus0 Thread Starter

hi jwbirdsong,

Your suggestion (removing the username and adding it back worked.

thanks a bunch

8. jwbirdsong

jwbirdsong

Happy to have been of some help

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/113674

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice