1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook for Mac

Discussion in 'Apple Mac' started by bvms3, Nov 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bvms3

bvms3 Thread Starter

My signature looks good when sending a new email. However, when I reply to many users the signature enhances itself into a 16 font making it too large and overwhelming. Is there anything I can do, or is it perhaps a Mac - PC thing?

Thanks

2. Headrush

Headrush

What font is your signature using?
    Could be the receiving computer doesn't have that font.

You could try a different font or turn your signature into a graphic image that should appear the same on any client.

3. bvms3

bvms3 Thread Starter

We used Arial for our font for that very reason. It is blowing my mind! ha

Also, we elected to not make our signature a graphic incase any of our clients or potential clients have images blocked in their rules. We also don't want our signatures to get lost in forwards or replies.

Any other suggestions?

4. Headrush

Headrush

I'm looking at the raw source from the your signature and I see a lot extra code in there that looks like it was produced by Microsoft Word. In there I see references to various character sets and font families and its likely that code that is producing different results depending on the email client each person is using.

I don't use Outlook on OS X so not sure what if any options in it you might need to set or disable to produce a more standard based signature.

5. bvms3

bvms3 Thread Starter

We created it in Dream Weaver, published it to our site in a hidden link, and then copy and pasted for our Tech Service guys to install on each employee's work station. I am one of many Mac users and currently am the only one experiencing this issue. It's not too major, it just gets annoying adjusting the size of my font on many occasions.

Thanks for all of the help you have provided. You have been great! Hopefully we can discover a solution at some point.

6. Headrush

Headrush

For what it's worth, it appears it displayed properly in Apple Mail for me. (Version 5.1)

7. tompatrick

tompatrick Banned

It might be due to different platforms. Even my fonts in MS-Office appears to be quite different on other platform system.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!