1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook Freeze during Reminder popup

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by jgsketch, Mar 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jgsketch

jgsketch Thread Starter

Hello,
    Got a strange one. Outlook 2000 freezes everytime the "Dismiss reminder" pops-up. CTL-ALT-DLT shows "not responding". After about 15 mins. it starts to work again and every thing is normal. Send/Recieve works fine. Running Win 2000 P3 1500. Have tried normal system checks, disk clean, safe mode, defrag, virus scan, reboot and hitting the computer. None seem to have fixed anything. Things I have not done yet, reinstall outlook. Has anyone had a similar problem with reminders? Thanks.

2. jgsketch

jgsketch Thread Starter

Well, I tried doing a repair and that did not work either. Its looking like I'll have to reinstall it. Anyone have any other ideas? Thanks.

3. SupportChic

SupportChic

4. aarti71

aarti71

try this!

go to start button on desktop -> run-> outlook.exe /cleanreminders

hope this helps.

5. jgsketch

jgsketch Thread Starter

Thanks for the help guys. I have went through and updated the software. It was running the latest SP. I did make a mistake on the Version. It is Outlook 2002. I will try cleaning out the reminders next.

Also, another PC on our network started to do this. Both PCs were fine yesterday afternoon, but started up again this morning. Also, these two PCs are the only ones on a wireless network. So I thought maybe that had something to do with it. But I was able to access other network items without a problem. Very strange.

Thanks again for the help.

6. jgsketch

jgsketch Thread Starter

Well, I did the repair and that did not work. So I tried the scanpst repair tool. That little program was able to determine that there were errors in my pst file. But the program would hang while trying to fix the errors. So, does anyone know of a more robust tool out there? I tried searching, but only came up with a couple of programs that want a lot of money for their tools. Thanks.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/208326