Outlook freezing system

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

unicornb2

When I open outlook it freezes up the system. I can't get in to check the settings. If I repair IE, will it also repair outlook?

uni

Yes...The IE repair will include repairing OE. Which version of IE are you running...? Also, what OS are you running as well....?

unicornb2

I tried to reinstall just outlook, (ms article 318378) Got message:

THE DOWNLOAD LOCATION INFORMATION IS DAMAGED. PLEASE CLEAR YOUR INTERNET EXPLORER BROWSER CACHE AND RETRY SETUP.

Then tried to reinstall ie6. Same message.

Looked into three different ms knowledge base articles and did what they said, cleared files using internet options, used zdelete and even did a search for temp files and cleaned them out that way.

Still getting the same message. What's next?

Thank you,
uni

Del

Try going to Start > Run and type in "sfc /scannow" without the quotes. Supposed to repair any corrupt files.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online