1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook has a Backwards "P" symbol?

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by GenX, Nov 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. GenX

GenX Thread Starter

Hi.

When typing in the message body screen on outlook I have a symbol that kinda looks like a backwards capital P.....

It showed up because I tred to cut and paste some text from a web based email - MSN Messenger into outlook to send the info via outlook.... It asked me as i pasted if I wanted MSN to have acces to the clipboard and I said yes :( ....

Now it is frustrating the hell out of me and I do not know how to get rid of it....

Please help!(y)

2. TheOutcaste

TheOutcaste

Probably a paragraph mark. While in the message body, click on Tools | Options, click View tab. Under Formatting Marks un check Paragraph marks.

This is for Outlook 2003 -- other versions may have a slightly different path to get there. If you can't find it, post back with the version of Outlook you are using and I'm sure someone with that version can find it for ya.

HTH

Jerry

3. GenX

GenX Thread Starter

Thank you outcast! u nailed it mate...i just knew it was a setting somewhere I just couldnt find it lol :)

4. md2lgyk

md2lgyk

For today's bit of trivia, that symbol is called a Pilcrow.

5. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

6. TheOutcaste

TheOutcaste

It's not just a Word feature, any good word processor has a show/hide formatting codes feature, OpenOffice, MS-Works, AbiWord, and WordPerfect to name a few.

HTH

Jerry

7. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

I stand corrected, though I meant that it wasn't Outlook that provided them, but Word. :)

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/650433