1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook intermittently gets "mail delivery error"

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Nos402, May 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nos402

Nos402 Thread Starter

Aug 6, 2003
    My wife and I both use Outlook 2000 to check multiple accounts on our respective domains. We both experience the problem that after some time of being open (it can be only a few minutes or it can be hours), we'll start getting "can not connct to (account name)". It's usually only one of the accounts, but it's not a particular account. It can happen to any one of the accounts I'm checking. Closing and restarting Outlook always fixes the problem, and sometimes just unchecking the account and re-checking it under the "Accounts" menu will fix it.

Basically it seems like Outlook just randomly loses the ability to check one of the account (which one is also random). It's annoying to have to close and restart outlook all the time. Any ideas why this happens?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/234345