1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook, Keeps sending same read receipt

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by eadie, Sep 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eadie

eadie Thread Starter

There is a user that continues to receive the same read receipt from a user she submited a message to on the same email server (exchange).
    Both users have deleted the message from their inbox and sent items. We verified that all items have been purged from deleted items as well. Both are using Outlook 2000.
    The only thing we have narrowed it down to is everytime the user who received the msg opens outlook the sender receives the same read receipt msg, even after this message has been recieved, read, and deleted.
    Are there any known issues with Outlook 2000 occassionally not
    designating the message as read?
    Has anyone seen this issue before and what steps were taken to resolve it? Thank you for your assistance in advance.
    :confused:

2. WendyM

WendyM Retired Trusted Advisor

Hi all,
    I'm bumping this up because I did a search for the problem and this perfectly describes it. In fact, this original post may well be from my co-worker in IT who really shouldn't have called me a "user" but that's an entirely separate issue. :p

Just wondering whether anyone has any ideas on what could be causing it. We're using Exchange 5.5 and Outlook 2000. Thanks for your help.

3. PROJECT

PROJECT

I have the same problem only we use MS Mail as internal email client. any suggestions will be appreciated

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/94201

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice