Outlook keeps trying to resend the emails in Outbox

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bobkatbf

At times the emails in my Outbox just sit there.
I have Outlook 2000 with Windows XP.
I have sbcglobal.net DSL.
I think that sbc is now AT&T or yahoo.

Outlook keeps trying to resend the emails in Outbox.
I get error messages:
0x800CCC0B
and
0x8004210B

Then I find out later that my friends get many copies of same email - tho it shows that it is still in my Outbox.

HELP!!!

If they don't clear themselves from the Outbox, delete them yourself or they'll keep sending every time you open OE.

bobkatbf

How do I know that they have been sent if they still show that they are in Outbox?

When messages stay in the Outbox it usually means they haven't been sent yet (the problem I'm having). In your case try checking 'Send messages immediately' in Options.

go to your sent Items and see how many items are there.
Outlook can only hold 16383 items per folder. If you have reached this limit, the messages will appear to still be in the Outbox, but they have been sent.

bobkatbf

I keep my Sent box almost empty at all times.
I have 8 items in there now.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online